Opportunity Available: Technical Service Technician (Ink)
Do you have a keen interest in problem solving? Are you seeking an exciting Customer Service opportunity? We could have just the role for you.
As a leading and growing supplier of inks and coatings to the narrow web label market, Pulse Roll Label Products is looking to enhance its Technical Department with a Technical Service Technician. The successful applicant will assist us as we continue to grow our UK and international business serving the global printed label industry.
In the Technical Service Technician role, you will assist with supporting our customers, helping them get the best from our range of UV curable inks and varnishes for flexo and screen printing and our water-based flexo products.
The successful candidate will be an active member of a small Technical Service team working within the Technical department. You will assist and work with various other departments to ensure the quality our ink and coating product ranges are at the forefront of the industry.
This role will suit an enthusiastic, laboratory orientated individual, who is proactive and self-motivated with a desire for excellence. You will also enjoy using your passion for science and problem solving to resolve technical enquiries, colour matchings and to support our customers via email and telephone. You need to be quality and process driven and have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
This position offers opportunities to grow and progress in an innovative company.
• Communicating clearly with customers, to establish what they require
• Communicating recommendations for the use of our existing product range
• Problem solving to find solutions to customer enquiries
• Colour matching for customers
• Initial, investigation of customer complaints
• Quality control including testing, maintenance and update or records
• Following Company, Health & Safety and Lean Manufacturing policy and procedures
• Organising work in accordance with Company Lean principles, including Continuous Improvement & 5S
• Report writing
• Following standard laboratory practices
• A Chemistry graduate or educated to ‘A’ level standard in Chemistry
• IT Literate with a working knowledge of Office 365 software
• Experience with printing inks or a similar industry would be beneficial
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Knowledge of colour theory beneficial
• Strong practical skills
• Positive attitude and eager to learn
• A good communicator
• A strong desire for excellence
• Flexibility in working hours
If you feel you do NOT have all the technical skills but have a passion for science and enjoy working with people, please apply!
This is a full-time role, 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Salary is negotiable and dependent on skills and experience but a minimum of £19,344 per annum. Benefits include 25 days annual holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday, a pension scheme and free parking. The site is commutable by car, bus and train from Bristol and surrounding areas.
To apply, please email Caroline at email@example.com attaching your CV and a covering letter introducing yourself and explaining why you wish to be considered for this role.